Hello lovelies! It’s a miserably rainy Sunday and today’s post will be something a little different to my usual beauty content, as I will be completing the Liebster Award Tag.
What is the Liebster Award Tag? Well, I had to do a little research on this, but plain and simple the tag was formed to create recognition of bloggers and act as an aid for others to discover new and upcoming blogs. With 11 simple questions chosen by the nominator, the tag allows your readers to find out a little more about the person behind the page. A German word, Leibster has many meanings, the best of which are – dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, lovely.
I honestly hadn’t heard about this tag until I was nominated, and I just want to say a huge thank you to the two wonderful bloggers who nominated me to complete this – Kayleigh and Caitlin.
Kayleigh’s lifestyle and family blog can be found at mylittlebrushneenblog.com, and on twitter at @brushneen_blog. You can get to know Kayleigh a little better through her Liebster tag, available to read here.
Caitlin’s beauty and lifestyle blog can be found at httpskipbreakfastattiffanys.wordpress.com, and on twitter at @pellegrina_1. You can get to know Caitlin a little bit better through her Liebster tag, available to read here.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator(s)
- Nominate as many bloggers as you like, preferably with less than 300 followers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Let them know you nominated them via social media!
As I’ve been nominated by two bloggers, it’s only fair that I answer both sets of questions! So, here are my answers to Kayleigh’s questions:
How long have you been blogging?
Not long at all! I am a total newbie, having only set up my blog in March 2017. My first post was published on April 14th, and I’m still in the early stages of trying to get a feel for my content and my audiences, but so far I’m loving it!
Does your blog have a primary focus?
My blog’s primary focus is beauty product reviews, in particular subscription boxes. A little now and again I throw in something a little off that topic, such as this post and some lifestyle orientated bits.
What inspired you to start blogging?
I’ve always had an interest in beauty, but have never been all that adventurous with it. About two years ago, I started subscribing to beauty boxes, and because slightly obsessed with testing out products and discovering brands I’d never come across before. I’m always telling friends and family about the awesome products I get sent, and one of them suggested I started a blog to channel my thoughts there too. It took me a while and a lot of thought before I created my blog, but I’m really glad I did.
Do you have any other hobbies/interests?
If binge watching Netflix series counts as a hobby then that’s somewhere near the top of my list! I’m a big fan of reading – my favourite genres include romance, fantasy and a good ol’ murder mystery. I’m also a keen baker, an experimental cook and I frequently enjoy little walks around the countryside with my boyfriend and friends.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
With my career, I’d like to hope that in 5 years I’ll have really advanced as a Project Manager. I’m only at the beginning stages of this career, so have lots to learn still, but I’m hoping I’ll get some good opportunities that will boost my confidence and knowledge.
I’d like to think that my blog will have gained a good audience, and I’d have built some good connections with different brands. I can’t see that my blog will become my full-time job – but I hope it will still be a big part of my life in 5 years!
My aspirations for my personal life have so far always been pretty good at derailing, but I’d like to hope that I’d be settled into my own home, with many many adorable fur babies. Maybe even a family of the human variety too!
What’s your favourite way to relax?
A good book, a glass of wine and a bubble bath does the trick nicely!
As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was really young, I used to be obsessed with creating class registers and teaching my grandfather maths. I guess that means a math teacher was my aspiration! During my teenage years, I gain a strong love for interior design – and wanted to go into that type of field.
What’s your go to quick and easy yet delicious meal?
Mac ‘n’ cheese! My dad says mine is the best he’s ever had – so I guess that makes it pretty good!
What’s the first thing you would do if you won 1 million pounds?
Take my parents on a nice long luxury holiday to wherever they wanted to go. They’ve done so much for me growing up, the first thing I’d want to spend my money on would be to thank them for everything!
Do you have any advice for new bloggers?
I’m still learning myself, but some key things i’ve found so far are:
- Get yourself set up on as many social media channels as possible – Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Bloglovin’, Pinterest, etc. Even if you don’t see yourself using them initially – it’s good to get your handle in for a time when you want to expand.
- On the above note, try and keep your username on each channel the same – it makes it easier for followers to find you.
- Get yourself some kind of post planner or schedule. I got my blog planner from dotcreates.com, and I can’t imagine blogging without it!
- Communicate with others in the blogosphere! It’s all very well posting your links everywhere, but people are more likely to keep coming back to your blog when you’ve made an impression – and building a friendship is a good way to do that.
- Remember, people can’t expect you to jump into the blogging world and be an expert at everything. Everyone has to start somewhere, and you build as you grow. Your photographs will get better when you learn about lighting, your posts will get better as you go. You will improve as you go, so keep at it!
- Follow blogger channels on twitter and tag them in your tweets. By these channels retweeting you, your posts get a wider audience, and you’re likely to receive the odd follower too.
- Last but not least, get yourself of StumbleUpon to really increase your page traffic!
And here are my answers to Caitlin’s questions:
If you had to describe yourself in 5 words, what would they be?
Quiet, friendly, optimistic, supportive and a little bit whacky!
Where do you see yourself going in the next 5 years?
Answered this one above! ^
What do you currently do as an occupation?
I am a Project Manager, working for a Local Government Authority.
If you could pick any celebrity to date, who would it be and why?
Without a doubt, it would be Tom Hardy. I know, I know – probably a predictable answer! But not only is he an unbelievably attractive human, I also get an aura that he would provide his partner with unconditional love and would be really protective of them.
Who is your role model and why?
There are two YouTubers I think of as good role models, particularly to the beauty industry – Dani Mansutti and Jamie Genevieve.
Dani posts a mix of beauty tutorials, life vlogs and help videos – and is very open about her life and struggles in general. Every now and again she posts about key issues many people face – bullying, self-consciousness, the media ‘beauty’ image and so on, and is super supportive of her following.
Jamie has such a positive vibe in her videos, that makes her such a joy to watch. She is a pure example that if you work for what you want, you really can achieve it and I think that makes her a good role model, particularly for the younger generation.
What is the most important lesson you have learned so far in life?
Be headstrong, and be you.
What is your biggest fear?
Where do I start! Afraid to say that I have a book full of fears!
Spiders, falling, being unsafe at height.. you name it, I probably fear it. My biggest fear though is probably losing my mum. I never quite realised how much I depended on her until recently.
How often do you write blog posts?
Not as often as I should! Due to personal reasons I unfortunately haven’t had the time to put into my blog as I wish I could. I’m working on it though, and once everything settles I’m aiming for 2 posts a week!
What would you say are the best days to publish blog posts?
I think weekends are a really good time to post – generally more people are online and may have more time to read them. I think Sunday and Wednesdays are the best days.
Why did you start blogging?
Answered this one above! ^
Who is your all time favourite blogger?
I think my favourite has got to be Nikki at Love Laughs Lipstick.
Well, it’s not been easy to find many bloggers with under 300 followers – everyone is doing so well! So instead, I’ve raised the threshold to 600 followers for my tag, and nominated the following bloggers who I want to get to know a bit about!
Ellie – @maquellie30
Elizabeth – @sunburntaloe
Hannah – @hannahekidd
Taylor – @DayTay_
And my questions for you are:
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- What countries are top of your bucket list to visit?
- Do you have a quote you live by?
- Laze on the beach or explore a city?
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
- How would your friends describe you?
- What are your 3 favourites songs right now?
- Do you have a movie or TV series you regularly rewatch?
- Would you rather travel to space or deep under the sea?
- Do you have a nickname?
- And to end on a positive – what is one thing you love about yourself?
Please feel free to tag me in your answers so I can have a read!